Vincent Wimbush served as President of NAREB in 2009-2011.
- Launched NATPAC, the NAREB political action committee.
- Initiated the approved resolution, naming Ray Carlisle and William Thomas Robbie as honorary past presidents for their dedication and service to NAREB
- Facilitated the participation of all NAREB Affiliates at conferences and conventions by making it financial feasible for them to provide professional training and certification.
- Continued NAREB’s involvement in and sponsorship of the Multicultural Policy Conference with NAHREP and AAREA
- Produced an Issues Paper entitled, “Affordable and Sustainable Homeownership for African-Americans and Other Minorities: 2010 and Beyond – Public Policy Considerations” Presented by The National Association of Real Estate Brokers, Inc. (NAREB®)
- Testified before the U.S. House of Representatives, Financial Services Committee regarding the effects of the housing crisis on African Americans, and met with the heads of the regulatory agencies involved with homeownership, mortgage financing, and overall housing issues including: FDIC; FHFA, HUD; the Federal Reserve; the Dept of the Treasury, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
- Secured the participation of HUD Secretary, Shaun Donovan as keynote speaker at NAREB’s 2010 national conference in Fort Worth, TX and at the 2011 Multicultural Real Estate and Policy Conference
- Broadened NAREB’s sponsorship and partner base by engaging AT&T, FHLBSF, CitiBank, Vendor Resource Management (VRM-PCV)